How do I get set up?
We have information to help you get set up according to your role in the business:
- Principal authority (a business owner or listed associate)
- Authorised user (someone who acts on behalf of a business)
You need to be the principal authority to link your business in RAM. This is a person responsible for the business such as:
- sole trader
- eligible individual associate listed on an Australian business number (ABN) in the Australian Business Register (ABR), for example a trustee, director, public officer, partner, or a office bearer of a club or association.
In future, businesses with non-individual associates will also be able to use RAM. This may include:
- corporate trustees
- government employees
- not for profit or Australian charities
- companies that use an ‘alternate director’
- public and private schools (including school council/boards)
- deceased estates
- incorporated and unincorporated associations.
We're working on a process for these types of businesses and entities and expect to have it ready early 2020. More information will be available soon.
In the meantime you can still get ready for the move to myGovID and RAM, by checking your ABN details are up to date and setting up a myGovID.
To ensure RAM uses the correct information, check your personal details and individual associates listed on the Australian Business Register (ABR) are up to date.
To log in to RAM, you will need a digital identity, such as myGovID.
To use RAM, you will need to be using one of the following compatible browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 9.0+
- Google Chrome version 39+
- Mozilla Firefox version 30+
- Safari version 5+
Link your business
- Log in to RAM using your digital identity, such as myGovID.
- Select Link my business to be redirected to the ATO to find your business or businesses.
- Add your postal or residential address as held by the ATO and click Continue.
- Select the business or businesses (that you are an eligible individual associate for in the ABR) you wish to link from the list and click Continue.
- Enter an email address and click Send Email to receive an authorisation code (the email address can be different to the one used to set up your digital identity, for example a work email address). Enter the code and then click Verify and Continue.
- View the summary of the selected business or businesses and select the checkbox to declare you understand and accept. Click Submit.
- A message will display confirming your business is successfully linked. Click Continue.
As the principal authority in RAM you can authorise others to act for your business. This includes setting up authorisation administrators, who can then set up authorisations for others.