How do I get set up?
We have information to help you get set up according to your role in the business:
- Principal authority (a business owner or listed associate)
- Authorised user (someone who acts on behalf of a business)
You need to be the principal authority to link your business in RAM. This is a person responsible for the business, the:
- sole trader
- eligible individual associate listed on an ABN in the Australian Business Register (ABR), including:
- public officer
- office bearer of a club or association.
As the principal authority you will automatically have all permissions associated with your business.
In future, businesses with non-individual associates, such as trustee companies, will also use RAM.
Before you start
To ensure RAM uses the correct information, check your personal details and individual associates listed on the Australian Business Register (ABR) are up to date.
You will need to use your existing Administrator AUSkey to update your details in the ABR. If you’re unable to do this, or do not have an AUSkey, phone the ATO on 13 28 66.
To log in to RAM, you will need a digital identity, such as myGovID.
To use RAM, you will need to be using one of the following compatible browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 9.0+
- Google Chrome version 39+
- Mozilla Firefox version 30+
- Safari version 5+.
Link your business
- Go to https://authorisationmanager.gov.au and click Continue for the service you require.
- Log in using your digital identity, such as myGovID.
- Select Link my business to be redirected to the ATO to find your business or businesses.
- Add your postal or residential address as held by the ATO and click Continue.
- Select the business or businesses (that you are an eligible individual associate for in the ABR) you wish to link from the list and click Continue.
- Enter an email address and click Send Email to receive an authorisation code (the email address can be different to the one used to set up your digital identity, for example a work email address). Enter the code and then click Verify and Continue.
- View the summary of the selected business or businesses and select the checkbox to declare you understand and accept. Click Submit.
- A message will display confirming your business is successfully linked. Click Continue.
As the principal authority in RAM you can authorise others to act for your business. This includes setting up authorisation administrators, who can then set up authorisations for others.