How secure is it?
The Australian Government is serious about your safety and privacy online. You log in to RAM using a digital identity such as myGovID.
Together, RAM with a digital identity:
- protects your business, ensuring only you and authorised users can access a government online service and transact for the business
- gives greater assurance and visibility over who is transacting for your business, enabling you to remove or modify an authorisation at any time.
- protects your identity data. The government online service can only identify who is making the transaction for the business, not your personal information.
Your information is controlled by you and protected by the Australian Government – ensure you regularly maintain your authorisations in RAM and remove authorisations immediately when they are no longer valid.
Staying safe online
- Your personal information forms part of your identity. Here are some tips to stay safe online and protect your personal information:
- Be cautious when clicking on hyperlinks embedded in SMS and emails. Do not click on links or attachments in emails from unknown sources.
- Keep your personal information and passwords secure - don't share your password with others and change your passwords regularly.
- Be aware of sharing your information, you should treat requests for personal information with caution. Never reply to emails with your password or other sensitive information – including to prospective employers.
- Install anti-virus software on all devices and set the software to automatically check for updates on a daily basis.
- Make data security an everyday priority, practice good cyber hygiene and constantly review your security habits.
- Store personal information in a secure place. Make sure electronic documents containing personal information are secure and avoid carrying your birth certificate or passport in a wallet or handbag unless you need them.
For more information visit cyber.gov.au
Find out about: