Your opinion matters, providing your feedback is important and helps us improve RAM.

Help: Managing business links

As a principal authority, you can check or update your details on the Australian Business Register (ABR):

  • using ABR online services, if you’ve linked your business in RAM (or another principal authority can update the details if they’ve linked to the business in RAM)
  • through your registered tax or BAS agent
  • by contacting the ABR – check if you can link your business in RAM before you call.

Your details need to be up to date on the ABR before you can link your business. To link:

  • you need to be listed as the person responsible for the business (sole trader or eligible individual associate)
  • your name needs to match the name used to set up your digital identity, such as myGovID.

You can update your Current business email address in RAM to ensure you receive notifications about your authorisation such as renewal email reminders. You may have different email addresses listed for each authorisation which can be updated individually.

Once you’ve accepted your authorisation in RAM and its status is active, you can update your Current business email address. We recommend using a business email address that only you have access to and check regularly.

To find and update your Current business email address:

  • select View next to the appropriate business
  • select Update email address
  • enter your new email address and select Send email – you will be sent a six-digit verification code to the new email address
  • enter the code and select Verify
  • you will receive confirmation that your email address has been successfully updated.

When a business listed is:

  • no longer operating – you need to cancel the Australian business number (ABN)
  • still operating but you’re no longer the associate – you need to update the Australian Business Register (ABR) details.

If your digital identity, such as myGovID, is linked to the business in RAM then you can update your details or cancel your ABN using ABR online services.

You need a myGovID with at least a Standard identity strength to link an Australian business number (ABN) as a principal authority in RAM. Check what’s required to achieve a Standard or Strong myGovID at How to set up.

A Strong identity strength is required to link online in RAM. If you’re unable to verify an Australian passport, you can link to your business as a primary person.

If you're unable to achieve a Standard identity strength, check whether another principal authority can and they can link the business in RAM instead. They can also authorise you to access some services as a Basic user.

Where no principal authority can achieve a Standard identity strength, your business won’t be able to use myGovID at this time. Your business will need to use alternative lodgment options, such as cloud-based Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled software or a registered tax agent.