See How to set up to check if you’re eligible to set up a Standard or Strong myGovID.
If you’re unable to achieve at least a Standard myGovID, check the minimum required identity strength for each service. If the service you want to access accepts Basic, you can set up a Basic myGovID and then be authorised as a Basic user by a principal authority or authorisation administrator. Some agencies may require further identity proofing.
You can update your Current business email address in RAM to ensure you receive notifications about your authorisation such as renewal email reminders. You may have different email addresses listed for each authorisation which can be updated individually.
Once you’ve accepted your authorisation in RAM and its status is active, you can update your Current business email address. We recommend using a business email address that only you have access to and check regularly.
To find and update your Current business email address:
- select View next to the appropriate business
- select Update email address
- enter your new email address and select Send email – you will be sent a six-digit verification code to the new email address
- enter the code and select Verify
- you will receive confirmation that your email address has been successfully updated.